Thursday, July 24, 2008

PACMAN IS BACK

Oh yeah. Pacman is back.

what is pacman? It is the proprietary yeast of Rougue Brewing Co. It is the yeast that Ron and I used in our first stout, one that convinced us of the value of premium yeast. It is the yeast that was used in the original Dewey's draft. The yeast used in the infamous Bama yama yamshine. it may have been used in the original chocolate stout that Joanna made.

After months of haranguing Wyeast about another release of the Pacman yeast...I stumbled into a conversation with one of the valley vitner guys, and he said they have some on hand. Turns out some company somewhere had a deal with wyeast to make it for their kits. and now it is being distributed--at a premium price.

Just found this on line.

http://www.homebrewers.com/product/XLROGUE/Rogue_Pacman_Ale_Yeast.html

AND THIS!

http://www.brewabeer.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Not knowing for sure how easy it would be to tap into this limited supply, or how long it would last, I grabbed 3 packs out of ten as soon as I saw them. Went back today and they had four left. I emailed you about it, but since three disappeared in one day, I grabbed three more, just to be sure we all had some if we want it. $9 a smack pack. Trust me, you want this.

We *will* culture this stuff.

I think we should have a pacman brew party.

No comments: